Advocating For Your Protection
Keeping You Safe
Domestic Violence Protection Orders
Representation With Care & Compassion
Protective Laws in NC
Giving You Peace of Mind
Need a domestic violence protective order? (DVPO)
You may not know where to turn if your partner or family member hurts you or threatens violence toward you or your family. A Domestic Violence Protective Order (DVPO) can give you the protection you need from someone who is abusive. If an individual violates a DVPO, they can face criminal charges.
You may need a DVPO if you feel afraid of a partner, previous partner, or family member who commits any of these actions:
- Attempts to cause bodily injury to you or anyone in your household
- Actually causing bodily injury to you or anyone in your household
- Attempts to cause you or anyone in your household to feel emotionally distressed and in fear of serious injury or harassment
- Commits sex offenses such as rape or others listed in G.S. 14-27.21 through G.S. 14-27.33
At Hogan, Edwards, and Blue, we understand that you may need help staying safe in your home. That’s why we work with you to establish the full protective measures that the law provides! Talk with us and find out how we can help you move forward into a life without domestic violence!
We can help you uncover whether you have a case for a Domestic Violence Protective Order!
Advocating For You & Your Future
Domestic violence cases can feel emotionally exhausting. However, if you are living in a situation filled with threats and violence, you owe it to yourself and your family to find a legal way out before things get worse. Living in a safe home environment is non-negotiable! Our attorneys can help you file a Domestic Violence Protection Order and relax in your home again.
At Hogan, Edwards & Blue, we understand the need for a peaceful quality of life for yourself and any children. Our attorneys can help you with a variety of family law and domestic matters, and will be with you every step of the way, helping find the best solution for you and your family.
A DVPO Protects You & your family
A Domestic Violence Protective Order (DVPO) protects you by legally limiting the behavior of an abusive individual you are in relationship with.
Some of the rights a court may grant you and any children include:
- Giving you personal property, including a car
- Awarding you temporary custody of any children or pets
- Giving you the right to remain in your home with any children (no matter who owns or rents the home)
A court may order the abusive individual to:
- Have no contact with you or any children. This often includes an order to stay a fixed distance from you or any children.
- Make no threats through ANY means.
- Refrain from any abuse, harassment, or interference in your life through ANY means.
- Surrender firearms (and not purchase more).
- Move out and not return (doesn’t matter who owns or rents your home).
If you are a victim of domestic violence or spousal abuse, Hogan Edwards & Blue can help you file a Domestic Violence Protective Order (DVPO), and find legal protection for yourself and your family.
We are there for you ensuring you’re protected to the full extent of the law!